Monday, July 18, 2011

Friday (Week 2) The graph is done but there's a problem....

       I spent yesterday afternoon and this morning working on creating the graph and functions to determine the solar drag factor. The graph and functions however did not seem to add up at all and with a little talking with Dr D we found out why. Halle did not use actual data to determine the time traveled. She found the initial speed correctly but instead of using the xrays and electrons to determine the travel time she just did distance/speed. Which is a problem because that doesn't account for drag... which is what we are kinda trying to find... I can't really find what is not included... It was not her fault however, Dr. D was not really detailed when he described it all. I could have and probably would have made the same mistake. This afternoon I worked on helping Halle calculate the actual travel times, it's boring, but it must be done. I'm looking forward to the weekend because I am hanging with one of my old neighborhood friends, Cam, who I have not seen in a long time. We may go to Harry Potter together, but that is still up for discussion. I will however be spending the night at his place on Saturday regardless.

Matt, SC

No comments:

Post a Comment